Terra Ltd - Working towards a clean, green future
At Terra we acknowledge our obligation to manufacture our products in an environmentally friendly and sustainable manner. Our products are born from nature. Therefore, the desire to protect our natural environment is embedded in our strategy and philosophy.
- We will comply with environmental legislation and regulatory requirements.
- We will work in conjunction with our customers and suppliers, with the aim of reducing the overall impact that our production process has on the environment.
Progress to date:
By adopting innovative work process methods, by harnessing internal expertise, and by making financial investments, Terra achieved the following objectives between 2007 and 2013.
- 52% – The percentage reduction in oil used per unit produced.
- 50% - Water usage on site has fallen by 50% per unit produced.
- 86% - The reduction in waste sent to landfill per unit produced.
- 59% - In 2013 we used 59% less electricity per unit produced than in 2007.
Commitments for future:
In April 2014, Terra became a verified member of Bord Bia's Origin Green sustainability programme. As a verified member, Terra is committed to achieving further sustainability objectives between 2014 and 2016. These targets include:
- Electricity – Sustaining our electricity usage per unit produced at 2013 levels.
- Water - Sustaining our water usage per unit produced at 2013 levels.
- Landfill Waste – Reducing the volume of waste sent to landfill by 10% per unit produced in comparison to 2013 levels.
- Oil Usage - Reducing the volume of oil used per unit produced by 7% in comparison to 2013 levels.
For more information on the Bord Bia's Origin Green sustainability programme please see www.origingreen.ie.